- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
REVEALED: The Reason For Mesut Ozil’s Poor Display v Man Utd
It seems Per Mertesacker and Tomas Rosicky weren’t the only players who were suffering from illness on Sunday with Germany boss Joachin Low confirming today that Mesut Ozil has been told to stay at home with flu.
Per Mertesacker and Tomas Rosicky both missed our 1-0 defeat to United on Sunday after being ruled out with flu and there were reports that Mikel Arteta and two unnamed players were also not feeling 100%, but declared themselves fit to start.
It turns out Mesut Ozil was one of those also affected which goes a long way to explaining why he was so poor yesterday. He hasn’t been great for the last few games but he was particularly bad on Sunday so I knew there had to be a reason for it.
The playmaker rightly drew criticism for his performance but it turns out he was also sick and is now a doubt to play for his country against Italy on Friday after he and Mertesacker were ordered to stay back in London instead of meeting up with the rest of the Germany squad:
Unsere Nati trifft sich in München! Jogi kommt mit schlechten Nachrichten an: Özil und Mertesacker bleiben wegen Grippe zunächst in London
— BILD Sport (@BILD_Sport) November 11, 2013