- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Arsenal Tipped To Make £15m Raid On Chelsea
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is ready to make a £15m bid for Chelsea striker Demba Ba this January, according to recent reports.
Our need for reinforcements up front is clear for all to see and was highlighted once again on Sunday when we were forced to bring on Nicklas Bendtner for the final 15 minutes as we desperately searched for an equaliser against Manchester United.
If anything was to happen to Olivier Giroud, we’d be screwed, and the Star claim Wenger is going to renew his interest in Ba with a £15m bid being suggested.
Ba was on our hitlist in the summer and we narrowly missed out on taking him on loan on transfer deadline day after Chelsea pulled the plug at the last minute.
I’m personally a fan of the 28-year-old’s and think he’d be a useful addition but I’m not sure he’s worth £15m, and I’d prefer to see him join us on loan rather than a permanent deal this winter.
If we’re going to splash out on a striker I’d rather we went all-out and went for someone like Karim Benzema or Jackson Martinez. However, if we can’t buy that caliber of player mid-season then bringing Ba in on loan for the rest of the season would be a decent bet.
What do you think? What striker would you like to see signed in January?