- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
TEAM NEWS: Wenger On Wilshere & Flamini But No Walcott Update
Our season-defining week comes to an end with a visit to Old Trafford on Sunday as we take on champions Manchester United.
The boss has been holding his weekly press conference today and as usual he gave the latest team news, with the two key players on the agenda being Mathieu Flamini and Jack Wilshere.
Flamini has missed the last two games with a groin injury that he picked up in the opening stages of the Crystal Palace game but Arsene confirmed that the Frenchman will train today and should be back in contention on Sunday.
Wilshere has been nursing another ankle problem in recent weeks and he too will return to training on Friday. The club medics will then see how he responds before making an assessment over his availability.
Wenger told the clubs website:
on the team news…
Normally, Flamini will join us in the session this morning. Wilshere will join in as well, so we will see how they are after the session today.
on their chances of playing on Sunday…
Flamini, I am quite confident will be fully available. Wilshere, we will see how he responds to his inflammation of the ankle.
Oddly there was no update on the fitness of Theo Walcott. There were reports last week that Theo was in-line to make a return to the squad this weekend but Arsene hinted earlier this week that we might have to wait until after the international break before seeing him again and it seems that’s going to be the case. Unless the boss has a surprise up his sleeve….
A win on Sunday will see us move 11 points clear of United and will send out a huge statement that we ARE genuine title contenders this season. But defeat will not only see our advantage over the likes of Chelsea and City reduce, but United will also move to within 5 points and put them back in the frame.
What team would you like to see put out on Sunday?