- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
My Preferred Arsenal Team To Play Manchester United
Arsenal end a huge week with a trip to take on Manchester United at Old Trafford this Sunday.
The boss confirmed at his press conference on Friday that both Mathieu Flamini and Jack Wilshere will undergo late checks to see if they will make the trip north.
Wilshere has missed the last two games with an ankle injury that he picked up in training last week but he was back on the training pitch today and an assessment will be made over his availability before we set off for Manchester tomorrow.
Flamini has missed the last three games with a groin injury that he suffered against Crystal Palace two weeks ago, but he trained today and Arsene Wenger is confident he’ll be fit to play so I’d like to see him straight back into the midfield.
While we’ve beaten both Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund without him, I still think we’ve missed his tenacity in the middle of the park and he’ll be a huge asset in trying to stop Rooney on Sunday, so I say get him back in the team if he’s fit.
Flamini’s return would most likely mean moving Aaron Ramsey out to the wing, as the boss was doing before the Frenchman got injured. Wenger seemed to be favouring the Flamini-Arteta axis in midfield so I think we’ll see it again this weekend.
Tomas Rosicky was excellent in midweek but we simply can’t drop Ramsey, Ozil or Cazorla, so the Czech international may have to make-do with a place on the bench this weekend.
Here’s the team I’d go with:
What do you think of my line-up? What would your’s be?