- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Eye Man Utd Hitman But Suarez Remains ‘Dream’ Signing
Arsenal are considering a January move for Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez but Luis Suarez remains Arsene Wenger’s ‘dream’ signing, according to reports today.
We were strongly linked with Suarez in the summer and saw two bids rejected by Liverpool with the Merseysiders insisting they won’t sell their star man at any price.
Reports have suggested we might try our luck again when the transfer window re-opens in January but it’s still extremely unlikely Brendan Rodgers will be persuaded to sell, particularly if they are still in and around the top four at that point.
So the club have drawn up a list of alternatives and the Daily Mail claim Man Utd hitman Hernandez is under serious consideration.
A new striker is a must in January with the boss having to rely far too heavily on Olivier Giroud and it won’t be long before the Frenchman either burns out or picks up an injury.
Of course a world class striker like Suarez would be ideal, but there won’t be too many like him available mid-season and Hernandez would be an excellent addition in my opinion.
The Mexican has bags of Premiership experience and is a proven goal-scorer at this level, and he would offer something different up front. Whether United would be prepared to sell to us is another question entirely though.
‘Chicharito’ could be open to the move as he hardly gets a kick at Old Trafford these days, but I really don’t see David Moyes agreeing to sell to Arsenal this winter. It would be a hugely weak move by the Scot and bring more unwanted pressure onto him. Would Fergie ever have sold a player he wants to keep to Arsenal? No chance, and Moyes would be reminded of that if he agreed to let Hernandez move to the Emirates.
What do you think of the Hernandez link?