- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
RATINGS: My Ratings From Arsenal’s Stunning Win Over Dortmund
What a win! We made the ‘mighty Germans’ look pretty average and ground out a vital 1-0 win.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny 7/10 – To be honest he didn’t have as much to do as I expected before the game but he made a couple of decent saves and didn’t put a foot wrong.
Gibbs 7/10 – Curbed his attacking instincts and kept his position when required. Part of a solid defensive unit.
Sagna 7.5/10 – A warrior as usual.
Mertesacker 8.5/10 – Didn’t give Lewandowski a sniff. His presence is hugely important at the back.
Koscielny 9/10 – A colossus for us all night. Made several important interceptions and put his body on the line.
Arteta 6.5/10 – The Spaniard had a very poor first half and was lucky not to get sent off, but he showed a lot of professionalism to get through the second half without getting another booking.
Ramsey 8/10 – ANOTHER goal for Rambo! He just seems to be sniffing out opportunities and getting himself into positions to score. Long may it continue.
Rosicky 9/10 -Superb display. He never stopped working and put the hosts under pressure whenever they had the ball.
Cazorla 7/10 – Obviously he wasn’t at his creative best but he played his part in helping out the defence when needed and was tidy in possession.
Ozil 7/10 – Was a decent outlet and held on to the ball to ease the pressure at times. Provided the cross that led to the goal.
Giroud 7.5/10 – A hugely important figure with his physical presence vitally important. Great assist as well.
Monreal (6), Vermaelen (NA), Bendtner (NA)
So another superb win and we head into Sunday’s clash with Man Utd in high spirits. We now sit on 9 points in Group F and could secure qualification to the knockout stages with a win over Marseille if Napoli avoid defeat against Dortmund.
What were your thoughts on the game?