- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Looking To Snap Up Starlet For Just £300k But Chelsea Also Keen
Arsenal are interested in signing West Brom starlet Saido Berahino and could snap him up for just £300,000, according to reports today.
The youngster has burst on to the scene with some impressive display’s for the Baggies this season, scoring in both games against us as well as the winner against Manchester United at Old Trafford last month.
The Star claim that Arsena and Chelsea are leading the chase for the forward’s signature and are ready to take advantage of his current contractual situation at the Hawthorns.
Berahino is still on a youth contract with West Brom worth just £850-per-week and he’s yet to agree terms over an extension, which could see him move for just £300,000 in compensation.
Manager Steve Clarke admitted at the weekend he’s desperately trying to tie the exciting youngster down to a fresh deal and would like his future resolved as soon as possible as interest in the player grows:
“We are in negotiation with his representatives and if I was the club I’d get it done as soon as possible,” Clarke said.
“He’s hungry and he wants to play. This contract is important but it’s not the most important one he’ll ever sign, that’s further down the line.
“I think he is happy to work with me.”
The 20-year-old is obviously assessing his options and it’s going to be difficult for him to turn down a move to the likes of Arsenal. Not many youngsters reject the opportunity to move to a bigger club where they will earn more money and get more exposure, so we’ll have to see how this one develops.
Do you rate Berahino? Would you like to see Arsenal sign him?