- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
German Stopper: ‘I Almost Joined Arsenal Twice’
German goalkeeper Rene Adler claims he has come close joining Arsenal twice during his career.
The Hamburg stopper has long been linked with a move to north London and there have been rumours circulating that Arsene Wenger is still keeping a close eye on his situation having been tipped to make a move for the 28-year-old in the summer.
Adler has now been quizzed on links with a move to Arsenal and has revealed that has twice come close to joining us in the past, and hinted he’d be keen to move to the Emirates at some point in the future.
‘When I was 15 there was the opportunity to move to Arsenal, but I decided to go to Leverkusen to get a professional contract there,’
‘There was also contact after the Under-20 World Cup in the Netherlands. I played against Lionel Messi and some other big names and there was contact with Arsenal.
‘I’d like to play in England in the future. You can’t say never in football.
‘Football in England is some kind of religion. The fans, the culture behind the big clubs is very interesting.
‘It’s a big honour for me if a club like Arsenal are interested in me.’ Adelr said in the Metro.
Adler is enjoying another fine season with Hamburg and some suggest he may be looking to move to a ‘big’ club in January in order to boost his chances of making the German World Cup squad.
If he does move this winter, I highly doubt it will be to Arsenal though as Wojciech Szczesny is having an excellent season and there’s very little chance Wenger will bring in another goalkeeper mid-season.
Plus, is Adler even an upgrade on Szczesny? I personally don’t think so. So while he may be fluttering his eye-lids at us, I don’t see him moving to north London any time soon.
Do you think we need another goalkeeper?