- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
My Preferred Starting Eleven To Face Crystal Palace – Agree?
It’s back to Premier League action tomorrow as we take on Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
We’re looking to get back to winning ways after our long unbeaten run was ended by Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday, although we still haven’t tasted defeat in the league since the opening day of the season.
We face Chelsea in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night and I think this may have an affect on the side Arsene Wenger puts out. If we had a Champions League tie or a Premier League match, I could see the boss making a few changes against Palace.
But since he’ll be fielding a weakened side in the cup in midweek, I think we’ll see our strongest eleven selected tomorrow.
That means we should see the usual back five stay the same, while Olivier Giroud will lead the line up front. The big decision Wenger has to make is in midfield where we now have a wealth of options.
Mathieu Flamini is back after missing the Dortmund game with concussion. For me, he has to start and I don’t like the idea of moving Aaron Ramsey out to the flank so I’d like to see Rambo and Flamini start in the middle – which I think is our best central midfield pairing right now.
This means dropped Mikel Arteta, which the boss doesn’t seem to like doing, so if the Spaniard does start expect to see Ramsey on the right side of midfield. This would likely mean that Jack Wilshere will miss out as Santi Cazorla is almost certain to start after an excellent 30 minutes in midweek.
Here’s the team I’d like to see start against Palace:
Agree? What team would you pick?