- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
“Arsenal Can Buy Me Every Summer”
Former Arsenal forward Carlos Vela has revealed that we have the option to buy him back from Real Sociedad every summer.
The Mexican was sold to the La Liga outfit in 2012 following a successful year-long loan spell.
He has really found his form in Spain, scoring 30 goals and providing 21 assists in 84 appearances in just over two years, with his goals last season helping Real qualify for the Champions League.
Ahead of last nights 1-0 defeat to Manchester United, Vela conducted an interview with Sky Sports reporter Geoff Shreeves where he revealed that Arsenal have the option to buy him back every summer.
“Yes they (Arsenal) have the option. Every summer they can take the buy option.
“But for the moment it is difficult. They are good now… I am good now.. I don’t think it is the best moment to go back to Arsenal.”
Vela was then asked by Shreeves if he could see himself back in an Arsenal shirt, to which he replied.
Vela’s potential was obvious, you could see he had a special talent by some of the goals he scored during his time here, and many fans believe he has never given a fair chance to make it at the Emirates.
This buy-back clause is a strange one and I’m sure Sociedad are keen to have it removed as soon as possible. In fact, there are reports in Spain that suggest the club are preparing a new contract for that would see the clause removed.
If that’s the case, this summer could be our last chance to re-sign him. Would you want to have him back?