- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
Agent Hints Arsenal Will Table €50m Striker Bid In January
Some interesting transfer news for you tonight with a registered FIFA agent claiming that a Premier League club will make a €50m bid for Karim Benzema in January, and the Metro are suggesting that club is Arsenal.
Arsene Wenger is a long-term fan of the French hitman’s and we’ve been linked with him for what feels like years. Even when he left Lyon for Madrid back in 2009 we were understood to be interested in bringing him to north London.
With the boss on the hunt for world class striker in the summer, Benzema’s name was once again suggested in the media but he ended up staying at the Bernabeu. However, he’s struggled for form so far this season and has been jeered on a regular basis by his own fans, leading to speculation he could be on the move when the transfer window re-opens in January.
Now, agent Francois Gallardo has claimed that a ‘very important’ Premier League team wants to sign the 25-year-old and will test Madrid’s resolve with a €50m [£43million] bid.
‘A very important Premier League club is after Karim,’ Gallardo said
‘This club wants the transfer to happen this winter, but if this is not possible, then next summer at the latest.
‘The offer will be around €50million [£43million].’
While the agent refused to name the interested party, he was speaking just days after we were once again linked with a move for the player and the Metro is certain the club in question is Arsenal. It would make sense on many levels and I can’t think of another big English club who requires a striker as much as we do, but I’m personally not convinced Wenger will spend another €50m just months after spending that amount on Mesut Ozil.
The boss even hinted today that he might not need to strengthen in the winter at all. This would be a big mistake in my opinion. While the current squad is playing sensationally so far this season, I’d still like to see another striker signed in January. Olivier Giroud is playing very well, but we can’t rely on just him throughout the entire campaign. We need another option, and Benzema would be a great addition, so lets hope this agent is right.