- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Injury News: Latest On Cazorla, Walcott & Sagna
It seems we’ve received some positive injury news ahead of Saturday’s game against Norwich with Santi Cazorla and possibly Theo Walcott back in the squad, according to reports.
Cazorla hasn’t played for us since injuring his ankle while away with the Belgium squad in early September but he returned to full training on Monday and Goal claim he’s set to return to the squad this weekend.
There were photos in some of the newspapers of Santi in training on Monday so it seems he is in fact edging closer to a return and his availability will come as a huge boost, particularly with Mesut Ozil being forced off for Germany on Tuesday night with an apparent knee injury (initial reports suggest it was a minor knock and nothing serious).
In further good news, Goal also claim that Walcott is close to making a first team return. The winger underwent surgery on an abdominal injury last month and was thought to be out until the start of November.
However, the report suggests he is making a speedy recovery and has an outside chance of being in the squad this weekend, with a return against Borussia Dortmund next Tuesday seen as a more realistic return date.
To have both Cazorla and Walcott back will be huge for us. Both will almost certainly start when fit and a front three of Cazorla, Ozil and Walcott behind Giroud is a mouth-watering prospect.
The final update regards Bacary Sagna and reports claim the defender is making good progress on his recovery from a hamstring injury that he picked up against Napoli a couple of weeks ago and he could be back in the squad either against Dortmund next week or against Crystal Palace the following weekend.
So excellent news all round and it looks like we’re slowly getting our injured players back.