- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
RATINGS: My Player Ratings From Arsenal’s 1-1 Draw Against WBA
Our winning streak may be over and we didn’t play at our best today, but it was a valuable point against West Brom as it kept us top of the league going into the international break.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny 7.5/10 – Made one stunning save from a deflected Berahino strike and commanded his area well. Came and flapped at a couple of crosses but we’ll forgive him that.
Jenkinson 5/10 – Not his best game. He struggled to contain a lively West Brom front-line, his crossing was very poor and left Yacob free to head home the opener.
Mertesacker 7/10 – Made a couple of important interceptions and his height was important, especially from corners.
Koscielny 7/10 – Decent display from Kos. He dealt with the threat of Anelka well enough apart from once when he played the Frenchman onside and he should have made it 2-0.
Gibbs 6.5/10 – Didn’t get forward and support the attacks as much as I would have liked, but was solid enough at the back.
Flamini 6.5/10 – Was booked early on and that seemed to inhibit his performance a little as he knew he had to temper his tenacious side.
Arteta 6/10 – Kept things ticking over in midfield but was unspectacular to be honest.
Wilshere 5.5/10 – Extremely poor in the first half. He barely completed a successful pass and was looking frustrated leading to many Arsenal fans calling for him to be replaced at the break. He was fouled numerous times without being awarded a free-kick though, so you can understand his frustration and he grabbed the vital equaliser with a deflected strike. Followed that up with a superb through-ball for Giroud.
Ozil 6/10 – Didn’t see that much of the ball and was forced to come deep to get involved. Not at his best but still a creative threat.
Ramsey 6/10 – Forced a decent save from Myhill but wasn’t at his rampaging best and was forced off early in the second half with what looked to be a knee injury.
Giroud 6/10 – Missed his big chance to grab the winner after being sent clear by Wilshere, but Myhill denied him with a decent stop.
Rosicky 6/10 – On for Ramsey but didn’t really have that much of a positive effect.
Bendtner – N/A
We’ve now got to wait until after the international break to watch The Arsenal again when Norwich come to the Emirates on the 19th. But at least we’ll see us sitting top of the table for the next two weeks!
What were your ratings?