- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Dealt Blow In Chase For ‘New Eden Hazard’
We’ve been dealt a blow in our attempts to land Belgian wonderkid Zakaria Bakkali with the youngster set to snub a move abroad and remain at PSV, according to reports today.
Bakkali has emerged as one of the most highly-rated youngsters in Belgium and has scored 3 goals in 4 league appearances so far this season.
His impressive form has seen him compared to Chelsea’s Eden Hazard by international coach Marc Wilmots, who claims he will call upon the attacker against Croatia and Wales if Hazard is ruled out with an ankle injury.
“Zakaria is a player who scores easily, is very fast and has skilful dribbling.
“Zakaria has just about the same profile as Eden [Hazard]. If something happens to Eden, I will swap him [for Bakkali].” Wilmots said.
Arsenal have been linked with a move for the 17-year-old in recent months and Arsene Wenger had hoped to take advantage of the fact he isn’t able to sign professional terms in Holland until his 18th birthday in January.
However, the Express newspaper claim that Bakkali has agreed terms with PSV that will see him commit his immediate future to the club by signing a two-year deal when he turns 18.
This may not mean the end of our interest in the player, it will simply mean PSV can demand a decent fee in exchange for his services, so we could still see the youngster make the move to the Emirates some time soon if we’re able to agree a deal with the Dutch outfit.