- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
PHOTO: RVP Posts Picture With Former Arsenal Team-Mate Eduardo
Two former Arsenal strikers came face-to-face last night as Robin van Persie and his new Manchester United team mates took on Eduardo’s Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League.
The duo were Arsenal team colleagues for three years before Eduardo was sold to the Ukrainian outfit for £6m in 2010, and of course RVP left for United two years later.
We signed Eduardo from Dinamo Zagreb in 2007 and after a bright start to life at the Emirates, his career was stunted following a horrific leg break against Birmingham City in February 2008.
He returned to action just over a year later but he had lost a yard of pace and unfortunately he was never the same player again. I really believe that we would have won the league that season if it wasn’t for Eduardo’s injury and who knows how things might have gone.
But it’s good to see him forging a career with Shakhtar. Their an excellent side and deserved their 1-1 draw with United last night. Here’s a photo Van Persie posted on his Instagram account after the match of him catching up with his old Arsenal team mate: