- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Jenkinson Rewarded With England U-21 Call-Up
Arsenal’s Carl Jenkinson has been rewarded for his fine performances this season with a call up to the England Under-21 squad for their upcoming Euro qualifiers against San Marino and Lithuania.
Jenkinson has made 8 appearances for Arsenal so far this season and hasn’t put a foot wrong when he’s played, so fully deserves his call-up to Gareth Southgate’s squad.
With an English father and Finish mother, Jenkinson actually had the option to play for Finland and represented them at Under 17 and Under 19 level before opting to play for England when he was called up to the senior squad last year.
The 21-year-old is improving all the time and is likely to be the long-term replacement for Bacary Sagna when the Frenchman eventually departs the club.
I actually don’t think he’s that far behind Kyle Walker and fully believe he should be picked ahead of the Spurs man in the senior squad if he was playing week-in, week-out at Arsenal. But his time will come and he’s got all the makings to be a top, top right back.
#englandu21s: Defenders: Eric Dier (Sporting Lisbon), Carl Jenkinson (Arsenal), Michael Keane (Man Utd), Jack Robinson (Blackpool/Liverpool)
— The FA (@FA) October 3, 2013
Congratulations on your call-up Carl!