- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
PHOTO: Robert Pires Gives Advice To Mesut Ozil In Arsenal Training
It seems we had a special guest at London Colney today with pictures emerging of Arsenal legend Robert Pires training with the first team on Friday.
The Frenchman’s last official club was Aston Villa before he left in 2011 and despite several offers from the Far East and Asia, Pires has turned down one last big pay day to remain a free agent here in Europe.
Photo’s were released earlier today that showed the 39-year-old at the Colney training with the first team and one particular picture showed him handing out some advice to new Arsenal signing Mesut Ozil (below).
The photos promoted Twitter rumours of a sensational return to the Emirates, with some Gooners suggesting Arsene Wenger may be about to offer him a short-term deal because of our current injury crisis in the attacking third.
However, it turns out Pires is simply hosting an Emirates Tour on Saturday and most likely just wanted to keep fit and pass on some wisdom to the current squad.
Robert Pires. A true legend and he’ll always be welcome back to north London.
Robert Pires training alongside Ozil in Arsenal's training today !!!!! Love it pic.twitter.com/gB411AOKcp
— Mr. Arsenal (@OsmanZtheGooner) September 27, 2013
Bobby Pires and BFG! pic.twitter.com/RSdvh4r6Ck
— Pröpösitiön D (@DmitryMD) September 27, 2013