- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Date Announced For Arsenal’s Cup Clash With Chelsea
The official date has been announced for our Capital One Cup fourth round clash with Chelsea, and we’ll welcome our London rivals to the Emirates on Tuesday 29th October.
We progressed to the fourth round on Wednesday night after beating West Brom in a penalty shoot-out following a 1-1 draw in regulation time. Nacho Monreal stepped up to win it and book a date with Chelsea in the next round and the game will be shown live on Sky Sports.
The Blues dispatched of Swindon 2-0 in the last round and despite resting the majority of his first team, Jose Mourinho was still able to field a side worth about £200m, so we’ll have to play a lot better than we did in midweek if we want to progress.
Due to injuries, Arsene had little option but to field a severely weakened team himself against the Baggies and he may opt to do so again against Chelsea as our three fixtures after the League Cup clash are Liverpool, Dortmund and Man Utd!
It would be a big ask for the first team to play four huge games in quick succession so Arsene is likely to decide that the League Cup is the only one he can make changes for.
We should have Tomas Rosicky, Santi Cazorla and Theo Walcott back by the time they come to town so hopefully we’ll be able to put out a slightly better side than we did at the Hawthorns and give Chelsea a real game.