- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Cazorla: “I Will Be Fit Maybe In One Week”
We’ve received some potentially positive news regarding the fitness of Santi Cazorla with the playmaker telling fans on Twitter that he hopes to be back next week to face West Brom.
The Spaniard has missed our last four game after picking up an ankle injury while away on international duty with Spain earlier this month and Arsene Wenger initially claimed he would be out until after the next international break, which would see him not pull on an Arsenal shirt until the visit of Norwich on the 19th October.
However, speaking in a Twitter Q & A for Arsenal.com this afternoon, Cazorla revealed that he hoped to be fit to return against West Brom next weekend.
Santi says: "I will be fit maybe in one week, I hope I can play at West Brom" #AskSanti
— Arsenal.com (@Arsenal) September 26, 2013
If his return date proves accurate, he’ll miss this weekend’s trip to Swansea as well as Tuesday Champions League clash with Napoli, but it will be great to have him back to face the Baggies next Sunday.
Our attacking options have been decimated by injury this season and with Theo Walcott joining Cazorla, Lukas Podolski, Tomas Rosicky, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Abou Diaby on the sidelines, it will be a huge boost to have the 28-year-old back in contention sooner than expected.