- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
Wenger Rules Cazorla Out For Further 3 Weeks
It seems rumours that Santi Cazorla was due to return against West Brom in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday were wide of the mark with boss Arsene Wenger confirming on the clubs official website that the Spaniard is still three weeks away from full fitness.
Cazorla picked up an ankle injury while away with the Spain squad earlier this month and it was initially feared he would be out until the next international break, which would see him out of action until mid October.
There were rumours circulating from so-called ‘In The Knows’ on Twitter this week that Santi was progressing well and had been pencilled in to return against WBA on Wednesday, but this seems to have been dud info as Wenger has claimed tonight the midfielder is still three weeks away – which keeps him on course for the initial prognosis of not returning until after the international break.
There is some more positive news on Mikel Arteta who could be back in the squad on Sunday against Stoke City.
Here’s what the boss told Arsenal.com tonight.
on the team news after Marseille in midweek…
The news we have after the game is quite positive. Mikel Arteta is coming back in the squad maybe. He’s back in full training today so we’ll have to assess how ready he is until Sunday. He could be in the squad.
on Arteta’s return being a boost…
Of course because at the moment, in midfield and upfront, we are short.
on who’s next on the list to come back…
I think the next one that will be back after that is Cazorla. It’s difficult to assess but maybe that is three weeks away.
It’s unlikely Arteta will start if he is passed fit. I think he’s more likely to make his first start of the season against the Baggies in midweek, but it’s great to have him back as the squad is certainly stretched right now.