- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Confirmed – Ozil & Giroud Passed FIT For Marseille Clash
We’ve received some welcome injury news ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Marseille with Arsenal.com confirming that Olivier Giroud and Mesut Ozil are fit and have travelled to France this afternoon.
Giroud was the big doubt for the game after he picked up a knee knock during the closing stages of Saturday’s win over Sunderland.
The player revealed after the match at the weekend that he was confident he would make it but Arsene Wenger claimed on Monday that he would make a late decision over the striker’s fitness. Mesut Ozil was also a slight doubt after Wenger revealed he was suffering from ‘tight muscles’.
on Olivier Giroud….
We have a few problems. Some with Ozil but the main one is Giroud, who has a knee problem. He will have a test tomorrow and hopefully he will be fit. But it will only be decided tomorrow.
on Mesut Ozil…
He was ill and has some tight muscles after Saturday. But I think he will be OK. We are optimistic.
Wenger told Arsenal.com
However, it seems Giroud has been able to prove his fitness at training this morning and he has been joined by playmaker Mesut Ozil on the plane with the rest of the squad. Per Mertesacker also returns after missing the Sunderland game through illness.
A statement on Arsenal.com read:
Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud have been passed fit for Wednesday’s game while Per Mertesacker is back in contention after missing the win at Sunderland.
Isaac Hayden and Chuba Akpom are both in Arsène Wenger’s 18-man squad to face Marseille but Serge Gnabry and Emmanuel Frimpong have not travelled to France.
Let’s hope we can pick up a vital away win tomorrow as every point is going to count in what’s going to be a tight Champions League group.
What team would you like to see take to the field?