- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
Ozil A Doubt To Face Sunderland, Mertesacker Ruled Out
More bad injury news Arsenal fans. It seems it’s only taken a matter of days for Mesut Ozil to settle into the Arsenal way of life, with the German playmaker now a major doubt to start against Sunderland due to illness.
BBC journalist David Ornstein broke the news on Twitter a short time ago, claiming that Ozil missed training on Friday morning after picking up a bug and although he has travelled with the rest of the squad up north, he is now a doubt to make his debut on Saturday.
One man who’s certain to miss the game is defender Mertesacker who has been left behind due to his own bout of illness, but Thomas Vermaelen has travelled with the squad.
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) September 13, 2013
The best we can hope for is to see 20-30 minutes of Ozil in the second half. I highly doubt Wenger will start him in a tough away game if he’s not 100% fit.
Mertesackers absence will likely see Bacary Sagna move into the middle once again with Carl Jenkinson playing at right-back. Vermaelen isn’t 100% fit yet so I doubt he’ll be considered from the off.
Here’s my thoughts on what the eleven will be for the game. What do you think the team will be?