- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Report: Emiliano Viviano Due For Undergo Arsenal Medical Today
We could be about to seal our third signing of the summer with reports circulating that Italian goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano is set to arrive in London today to undergo a medical ahead of a move to Arsenal.
The 6ft 5in stopper is owned by Serie B outfit Palmero but spent a season on loan with Fiorentina last year, but his campaign was dogged by inconsistent performances.
The rumour is the 27-year-old will sign on a season long loan deal with an option to buy next summer if things work out well for all parties.
Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio broke the news on Twitter:
— Gianluca Di Marzio (@dimarzio) September 1, 2013
My guess is he’ll provide more competition for Fabianski for the No.2 spot that push Szczesny for a first team place, but you never know. He’s certainly not a big upgrade on the young Pole so you have to question the wisdom in the move.
Especially when you consider we could bring in someone like Begovic or Cesar, but hey it’s another signing!