- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Linked With Kaka But Could Face Competition From Man Utd
Reports today are linking Arsenal with a move for Real Madrid playmaker Kaka – who has confirmed he wants to leave the Bernabeu this summer – but we could face competition from Manchester United.
The former World Player of the Year moved to Madrid from AC Milan for £54m in 2009 but his time in Spain hasn’t gone according to plan and a series of niggling injuries have hampered his progress.
Arsenal were strongly linked with a move back in 2011 when we looked to replace Cesc Fabregas but a supposed loan move rebuffed by Real.
Wenger is believed to still be a fan and the Daily Star claim that we could be set to offer the 31-year-old a fresh start after Kaka confirmed he wanted to leave Madrid this summer. Speaking on Thursday, he said:
“I want to leave. I think now is the right moment for me and for the club for me to leave amicably.
“I have spoken to Ancelotti and with the club, they all know.
“Things are difficult for me now in the team, and the club knows what I want.
“It’s my obligation to work and keep training, but my father is already working to see if something comes up. I think it’s the best thing for me and the club.” [source: Star]
The newspaper doesn’t indicate whether we’ll look for a loan move or a permanent deal, but they do suggest we could face stiff competition from United with David Moyes looking to add some creativity to his midfield.
We’ve been linked with a number of Madrid players in recent weeks including Benzema, Ozil, Casillas and Di Maria, so I’m thinking this report is simply adding Kaka to the list. If Wenger is interested in the Brazilian, I’m hoping he’s only considered if we can’t do deals for any of the other attacking players Madrid are looking to flog in order to raise money to fund their ridiculous move for Bale.
Sure, Kaka may still have a lot to offer but he’s a spent force. His best days are behind him and with injuries an issue and him being the wrong side of 30, it’s just not worth the risk in my opinion.
But beggars can’t be choosers right now and if we still haven’t signed anyone come deadline day, I’d most likely bite your hand off if you offered me Kaka.
Would you take Kaka? Or are there better options available?