- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Agree Deal To Re-Sign French Utility Player Flaimini
Arsenal have reached an agreement to re-sign utility player Mathieu Flaimini, according to reports today.
The 29-year-old left Arsenal under a cloud five years ago when he rejected a new contract offer from the club to sign for Italian giants AC Milan on a free transfer.
His time in Serie A didn’t go according to plan and he’s struggled to hold down a regular first team place, and he once again decided to reject a new contract offer from Milan when his contract expired in June.
Now a free agent, Flamini returned to the club to train with the first team in order to keep fit as he assessed his options. Reports emerged last week that suggested Arsene Wenger had decided to try and re-sign him as cover due to our injury problem at the back and in midfield.
It seems we’ve moved a step closer to securing our second signing of the summer as Italian journalist Tancredi Palmeri claims we’ve now reached an agreement with the tenacious midfielder.
Arsenal and Flamini reached an agreement
— Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) August 28, 2013
If this is true, Flamini will be a useful addition as he’ll be able to cover at right-back, left-back and in the centre of midfield but I certainly hope there is better to come from Wenger after all we’ve been promised. Two free transfer signings aren’t going to cut it this summer.
Nothing official has come out from the club but Palmeri has close links with Sky Italia, so we’ll have to see if his signing is announced any time soon.
What do you make of the proposed signing of Flamini?