- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Preferred Arsenal Starting XI vs Fenerbache
Arsenal take on Fenerbache in the second leg of our Champions League play-off clash on Tuesday night holding a commanding 3-0 lead from the first leg.
Goals from Gibbs, Ramsey and Giroud have put us firmly in control and it would take something of a miracle for us not to reach the group stages now.
Arsene Wenger has claimed at his press conference on Monday that he’ll make few changes as he doesn’t want to take anything for granted, but I think with Tottenham coming to the Emirates on Sunday this is a perfect opportunity to rest some players.
Here’s the starting eleven I’d like to see start tomorrow night:
Wenger confirmed Wilshere is starting and I’d give Emmanuel Frimpong a chance to impress alongside him and give Aaron Ramsey a well-earned rest. Nacho Monreal is also in need of game-time after missing most of pre-season with a back injury so we could protect Gibbs for the Spurs game and give the Spaniard a start. Theo Walcott could also be rested ahead of Sunday with youngster Serge Gnabry handed a rare start.
Fenerbache were extremely poor in the first leg and this eleven would be capable of beating them, plus it would give some of our key men a rest ahead of Sunday’s big north London derby.
However, let me be clear here; this isn’t the team I think WILL start, it’s the team I’d like to see start. Wenger will no doubt only rest one or two and play a much stronger side than I’ve picked.
What would be your preferred starting eleven?