- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
PHOTO: Giroud Posts Image With Bruised Koscielny On Plane After Nasty Cut
Last nights 3-0 win over Fenerbache was a huge boost for everyone involved in Arsenal Football Club as we were able to put Saturday’s defeat to Aston Villa behind us and put one foot in the group stages of the Champions League.
However, the victory came at a cost as defender Laurent Koscielny was forced off with a nasty looking cut above his right eye after being kicked in the face by Pierre Webo.
Arsene Wenger said after the game Kos was immediately taken to hospital to have the ‘very deep’ cut stitched up and to have x-rays to ensure he hadn’t broken any bones.
The good news is that it looks as though the defender is OK as he was allowed to travel back with the rest of the squad with striker Olivier Giroud posting a picture on his Instagram account showing a bruised Kos on the plane:
Koscielny is already ruled out of Saturday trip to Fulham after being sent off at the weekend but hopefully he’ll be fit enough to play to second leg against Fenerbache next Tuesday or at the latest, next Sunday’s clash with Spurs.