- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Report: Arsenal Set To ‘Gazump’ Man Utd’s Fellaini Bid
Arsenal are ready to try and gazump Manchester United’s move for Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini, according to reports on Tuesday night.
United saw a £28m double bid for Fellaini and left-back Leighton Baines rejected on Monday, with the Toffees describing the offer as ‘derisory and insulting’.
Hard to argue with that considering they valued Fellaini at just £16m, two weeks after his £23m buy-out clause expired, while they placed a £12m bid on Baines’s head having already had a bid for the same amount rejected earlier in the summer.
It remains to be seen wether David Moyes will go back in with an improved bid, but the Express and the Manchester Evening News are both reporting that Arsenal are set to reignite their interest and make a late push to try and take the Belgian international to the Emirates Stadium having shown a passing interest in the player back in June.
It’s believed that a bid in the region of £20m may be enough to force Everton in to a sale, with Fellaini understood to be keen on joining a club that can offer Champions League football.
It’s clear we’re looking to add to our midfield options before the window closes following injuries to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Mikel Arteta, with reports linking us with bids for the likes of Yohan Cabaye, Paul Pogba and Geoffrey Kondogbia in recent days, so it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if Wenger made a move for Fellaini.
The giant Belgian would be a superb addition as he’s exactly the type of powerful presence we’ve missed in midfield. If Arsene thinks he can beat United to his signature, I’d love to see us pull it off, but I’m not convinced Fellaini would chose us over linking up with Moyes again at the Champions.
The only hope I think we’ve got is that United refuse to meet Everton’s asking price and we’re prepared to do so, but I’m not holding my breath on that one considering the size of bids we’ve been tabling recently (£10m for Cabaye!?).
If we really want Fellaini, let’s table an £20m bid, show we’re serious and see how Everton respond.
Would you like to see Fellaini sign for Arsenal?