- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Predicted Arsenal Starting XI vs Fenerbache
It’s time to put the Aston Villa result and failed transfer bids behind us and concentrate on a HUGE clash with Fenerbache. We take on the Turkish giants on Wednesday night in the first leg of our Champions League play-off with a ticket to the group stages at stake.
The good news is that Arsene Wenger confirmed this afternoon that Kieran Gibbs and Bacary Sagna are on the plane after picking up nasty knocks against Villa at the weekend. The pair face late tests but are expected to start. Nacho Monreal is also in the squad but won’t start unless Gibbs is ruled out at the last minute.
The boss also confirmed that all other players that played on Saturday are available so the likes of Walcott, Ramsey and Wilshere – who all picked up slight knocks – are in contention.
Therefore, it’s pretty much the same squad that faced Villa with the exception of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. The midfielder is out with a knee ligament injury which could keep him on the sidelines for up to six months.
Here’s the eleven that I think will take to the field tomorrow night.
Lukas Podolski coming in for Oxlade-Chamberlain on the left is likely to be the only change. We have very few options on the bench, other than Cazorla, but I think he proved at the weekend that he’s not yet ready to start after missing much of pre-season.
This team should be good enough to get a positive result to take back to the Emirates for the second leg. Let’s hope for a win and no fresh injuries!
What would be your team? Would you risk Cazorla?