- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Receive Tripple Injury Boost Ahead Of Fenerbache Clash
After the devastating news of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s injury this morning it’s nice to hear there is some more positive injury news coming out of the club this afternoon.
Saturday’s defeat to Aston Villa was not only a terrible result in terms of points, but it also took it’s tole in terms of injuries as we picked up a number of knocks.
Tomas Rosicky and Aaron Ramsey came away from the match nursing injury problems and were considered as doubts for Wednesday’s clash with Fenerbache while Kieran Gibbs was forced off early in the first half after cutting his eye open.
However, it seems all three are winning their fight to be involved with journalist James Olly claiming that they are all expected to be on the plane to Turkey tomorrow.
Right-back Bacary Sagna was lucky not to break his neck following a nasty fall in the final minute but while it’s not thought to be a long-term problem, Olly confirmed that the Frenchman is still a doubt for the Fener game.
Some good news for #afc. Gibbs, Ramsey & Rosicky expected to be fit to travel to Fenerbahce tomorrow. Sagna doubtful, still being monitored.
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) August 19, 2013
If we lost Rosicky, Ramsey and Gibbs we might as well have conceded the tie because we probably couldn’t have fielded 11 senior players, so thankfully it looks like they will be able to take part.
Sagna’s loss is a blow but Jenkinson is able to step in at right-back so he will play in defence along with Mertesacker, Koscielny and Gibbs.
The starting team should be capable of getting a result (yes, so was the side that played against Villa) but the options on the bench are going to be limited. Let’s hope we don’t have any more negative injury news because the squad simply can’t cope.