- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Linked With Richards & Juanfran
Arsenal have renewed their interest in Manchester City defender Micah Richards and are also keen on Atletico Madrid’s Juanfran, according to reports.
Boss Arsene Wenger is said to be keen on bringing in a right-sided defender before the window closes and Richard’s is seen as the perfect candidate. We’ve been linked with the 25-year-old several times in the past and the Mirror claim the club have revived their interest over the past week or so ahead of a potential bid.
Richards has struggled to establish himself as a first team regular at the Etihad Stadium and while injuries have restricted him over the past 18 months, he could be open to a move in order to boost his chances of breaking back into the England set up ahead of next summers World Cup.
He has just two years left on his current deal and there has been no sign of an extension being offered any time soon, so perhaps City may be open to cashing in if the bid is right.
I’d personally love to see Richards come to the Emirates this summer and would take him in a heartbeat over Ashley Williams due to his versatility. Our need for reinforcements at the back are clear for all to see and the Mirror claim we’ve also identified Atletico Madrid’s Juanfran as a possible alternative.
He’s a bit too attack-minded for my liking and fear he could get exposed at the back, so I’d prefer Richard’s out of the two.
What defender would you like to see signed this summer?