- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Plan Final £50m Suarez Bid But Eye Michu & Dzeko As ‘Plan B’
According to reports today, Arsenal are lining up a final £50m bid for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez but have identified Swansea City’s Michu and Manchester City’s Edin Dzeko as potential alternatives if we fail to land the Uruguayan.
The Daily Mail believe we are still hopeful of completing a deal to sign Suarez, despite Liverpool’s insistence he wont be sold, and are ready to test their resolve further with an improved £50m bid.
Quotes emanating from Uruguay on Wednesday morning suggested that Suarez was ready to perform a u-turn and stay at Anfield, but these are yet to be confirmed.
However, as we approach the final days of the transfer window the club are finally starting to look at alternatives in case Liverpool dig their heels in and refuse to sell, and the newspaper suggests backroom staff have held discussions in the last few days to come up with a ‘plan B’.
Wayne Rooney is understood to still be in our thoughts but a deal is highly unlikely so the Mail say we’ve compiled extensive scouting reports of Michu and Dzeko. I would have taken either at the start of the summer as both would be useful additions, but it difficult to go back to the likes of Michu after being so close to buying players like Gonzalo Higuain or Luis Suarez.
The fact that we’re only now, 19 days until the window shuts, thinking about a ‘plan B’ tells you everything you need to know about this summers transfer activity. We don’t seem to be in a hurry to do any business, despite the season starting in 3 days time and we have the smallest squad in the Premier League.
Let’s hope that we can get one big deal done and a few more will quickly follow. Gustavo would be a good start….
Do you think we’ll end up bringing in a top striker? Who would you like?