- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Arsenal Boost As Wolfsburg Deny They’ve Signed Gustavo – Get It Done Arsene!
It seems we may have hope yet in the chase for Luiz Gustavo with fresh reports suggesting that Wolfsburg have denied they’ve agreed a deal to sign the midfielder.
Reports coming out of Germany on Wednesday morning claimed that Arsenal had missed out on yet another transfer target with Gustavo supposedly opting to remain in the Bundesliga and join Wolfsburg instead of making the switch to north London.
It was suggested that the 26-year-old had elected to snub us in favour of the side that finished 11th in the Bundesliga last season because they could promise him guaranteed first team football, something we could not offer him in a vital World Cup year.
However, it seems those reports were a little premature with the German version of Sky Sports News claiming this evening that Wolfsburg have informed them that no deal is in place to sign Gustavo yet.
— Sky Sport News HD (@SkySportNewsHD) August 14, 2013
For those who can’t speak or read German, it basically says Wolfsburg have denied they’ve agreed a deal to sign Gustavo.
If this is true, we need to act NOW and get this lad signed up asap. He is exactly what we need in the middle of the park; a proper defensive midfielder, at the peak of his career, he’s played at the highest level, he’s versatile and can fill-in at the back when needed and is desperate to impress to secure his place in Brazil’s World Cup squad.
Gustavo had earlier talked-up a move to Arsenal earlier in the week, so we know he’s interested, saying:
“My contract with Bayern runs until 2015, but it is very important that I play first-team football to keep getting called up for the national team.
“I am in a delicate situation at Bayern, and this needs sorting out. I have personal and professional reasons to move. I have heard about the Arsenal interest. It’s a big club we’re talking about here, so of course I’d like to play for them.”
“Arsenal play a very attractive brand of football and are in the Champions League,” he added. “They also have a very clever manager in Arsene Wenger. Even when Bayern beat them in the last Champions League, you could see they are not pushovers.”
With targets dropping like flies and deadline day fast approaching, we need to start making moves quickly and Gustavo would be a great start! Get it done Arsene!
Would you like to sign Gustavo? If not, what midfielder would you go for?