Arsenal Boost As Wolfsburg Deny They’ve Signed Gustavo – Get It Done Arsene!

By on August 14, 2013

It seems we may have hope yet in the chase for Luiz Gustavo with fresh reports suggesting that Wolfsburg have denied they’ve agreed a deal to sign the midfielder.

Reports coming out of Germany on Wednesday morning claimed that Arsenal had missed out on yet another transfer target with Gustavo supposedly opting to remain in the Bundesliga and join Wolfsburg instead of making the switch to north London.

It was suggested that the 26-year-old had elected to snub us in favour of the side that finished 11th in the Bundesliga last season because they could promise him guaranteed first team football, something we could not offer him in a vital World Cup year.

However, it seems those reports were a little premature with the German version of Sky Sports News claiming this evening that Wolfsburg have informed them that no deal is in place to sign Gustavo yet.

For those who can’t speak or read German, it basically says Wolfsburg have denied they’ve agreed a deal to sign Gustavo.

If this is true, we need to act NOW and get this lad signed up asap. He is exactly what we need in the middle of the park; a proper defensive midfielder, at the peak of his career, he’s played at the highest level, he’s versatile and can fill-in at the back when needed and is desperate to impress to secure his place in Brazil’s World Cup squad.

Gustavo had earlier talked-up a move to Arsenal earlier in the week, so we know he’s interested, saying:

“My contract with Bayern runs until 2015, but it is very important that I play first-team football to keep getting called up for the national team.

“I am in a delicate situation at Bayern, and this needs sorting out. I have personal and professional reasons to move. I have heard about the Arsenal interest. It’s a big club we’re talking about here, so of course I’d like to play for them.”

“Arsenal play a very attractive brand of football and are in the Champions League,” he added. “They also have a very clever manager in Arsene Wenger. Even when Bayern beat them in the last Champions League, you could see they are not pushovers.”

[source: ESPN]

With targets dropping like flies and deadline day fast approaching, we need to start making moves quickly and Gustavo would be a great start! Get it done Arsene!

Check out more Arsenal Transfer News

Would you like to sign Gustavo? If not, what midfielder would you go for?

1. entornodeempresa.com

May 30, 2016 at 4:08 pm

My web page diamond store reviews – entornodeempresa.com -

2. https://boringdesert.wordpress.com/

May 30, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Sityes that provide those varfieties of services simply pocket your money and slap up a
    link that does absolutely nothing to assist your trigger; in some
    circumstances, it may well even harm it. That’s very true
    for those who pay for buying backlinks good or bad (https://boringdesert.wordpress.com/) on a hyperlink farm that’s on Google’s radar.

3. Genevieve

June 13, 2016 at 5:54 pm

Here is my page buy hip hop beats online,

4. Lou

June 16, 2016 at 9:24 pm

It’s nearly impossible to find educated people for this topic, however, youu sound like you know what you’re talking about!

5. Desmond

June 17, 2016 at 11:52 am

my web blog buy hip hop beats – Desmond,

6. Theo

June 23, 2016 at 8:22 pm

Great share! I just wanted to also say thank you for your kind comment on my blog post recently.
    Much apprieciated.

7. Also visit my website – superior singing method scam

8. https://storify.com

June 28, 2016 at 8:33 pm

My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was once
    totally right. This put up truly made my day.
    You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this
    information! Thank you!

9. Noelia

June 29, 2016 at 5:04 am

My page how to sing – Noelia,

10. Isobel

July 10, 2016 at 7:42 pm

What’s up everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at this website, and piece oof writing is in fact fruitful for me, keep up
    posting these content.

11. waste management jobs indeed

July 15, 2016 at 3:42 am

There are a lot of prized doll makers to collect from relying
    in your finances, but some of the better ones to ferret
    out on your property sale search are Kestner, Danel & Cie, Wilhelm and plenty of others.

12. m88

July 22, 2016 at 12:55 am

Plus a number of additional suggestions that can assist you see the Aurora Australis whereas in New Zealand.

13. baby products coupons

August 3, 2016 at 6:20 pm

My baby was delivered at 9.forty eight am with four pushes,
    no epidural, no induction, after all, no episiotomy and
    the physician didn’t even need to the touch me or the baby throughout the delivery.

14. tackk.com

August 6, 2016 at 4:48 pm

experiential marketing summit (tackk.com) advertising is a robust advesrtising tool which needs tto be thought-about as
    part of any built-in marketing campaign.

15. lockerdome.com

August 23, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Viral integrated marketing campaign components; lockerdome.com, is
    a means of capturing consideration of consumers and tthe media to the purpose
    the place speaking ablut your model becomes fascinating dialog.

16. Receding Gums Natural Treatment

September 5, 2016 at 10:03 am

It’s an awesome paragraph for all the internet people; they will obtain advantage from it I am sure.

17. cara pesan tiket bus rosalia indah online

September 24, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Waktu itu naik bus sendirian rasanya agak ngenes gimana gitu (baper
    karena hujan).

18. dealerhonda.us

October 14, 2016 at 11:03 am

Have a look at my web-site … tricks to solve objective type questions and
    answers (dealerhonda.us)