- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Champions League: Nightmare Draw As Arsenal Get Fenerbache
The draw for the Champions League play-off round took place today and it’s been a nightmare draw for Arsenal, who will have to overcome a tricky two-legged tie against Fenerbache.
The Turkish giants finished second in the league behind Galatasaray last season but their participation in the competition is subject to a pending disciplinary hearing after they were handed a two-year ban for match fixing.
I have no idea what happens if they are kicked out, but presumably the team they beat (Salzburg) in the previous round gets reinstated, or failing that we will play the team who finished third in the Turkish league – which was Besiktas.
Either way, it’s not a good draw for us. The tie’s will be played on August 20/21 and 27/28th with Arsenal playing the first leg away from home.
UPDATE: I’m reading that the outcome of Fenerbache’s appeal will not be known until AFTER the two-legged tie, so even if we lose we may still be reinstated if their ban is upheld. So maybe it’s that bad a draw afterall.
What do you think of the draw? Happy?