- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
REPORT: Arsenal Agree €7m Deal To Sign German Defender
Some interesting news this morning with the Sun claiming Arsenal have reached an agreement with Freiburg to sign versatile defender Matthias Ginter.
You’ll have to buy the actual Sun newspaper or pay £1 per month for access to the online version to verify the story, but personally I’m refusing to pay to read newspapers online so I went old-school and bought the paper version when I went to the local shop this morning.
Ginter was linked with a move to the Emirates back in June and we’ve since loaned Frieburg midfielder Francis Coquelin, so perhaps Arsenal took the opportunity to enquire about the 19-year-old during negotiations.
The Sun now claim we’ve struck €7m (£6.1m) deal that will see the German under-21 international make the move to north London this summer.
Obviously the Sun aren’t the most reliable of newspapers but this move would make sense given the current need for reinforcements at the back. With three experienced central defenders (Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Koscielny) already on the books, bringing in a talented youngster would be a good move as he could learn the ropes while also providing much-needed depth in an important position.
Ginter is also capable of playing in the defensive midfield position so I’m sure his versatility appeals to Wenger as the holding role is also an area that needs strengthened.
Let’s see if this one comes to fruition. We’ve got less than a month left of the window and going into the season with just two fit centre-backs so if we’re going to do the deal, let’s do it quickly!
Do you like the sound of Ginter? Who would you like Wenger to sign?