- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Madrid Confirm Midfielder Wont Be Joining Arsenal This Summer
Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has dismissed reports linking midfielder Luka Modric with a potential move to Arsenal.
Reports on Wednesday suggested Arsene Wenger was weighing up a shock move for the former Tottenham playmaker as he desperately tries to bring in a marquee name to settle tensions among fans, who’ve understandably become disgruntled with the lack of activity so far this summer.
However, new Madrid coach Ancelotti has categorically ruled out the chance of Modric leaving the Bernabeu this summer, insisting the Croatian is an important part of his plans.
“It is not true that Luka will leave. All the players are very happy to be here and are working well.
“We have not talked about offloading any of the players we have now, so it’s not true that Luka is on the way out. He is very important to us. He will play here this season.”Ancelotti was quoted as saying in the Express.
Modric struggled to hold down a first team place last season under Jose Mourinho after making a £33m move from Spurs and was even named as the worst signing of the season by readers of Marca.
He’s already behind the likes of Xavi Alonso, Sami Khedira and Mesut Ozil in the pecking order and his chances of first team football have become even harder after Madrid signed Asier Illarramendi for £30m last month, so you’d understand if he was considering a move – particularly with the World Cup next summer.
But I’m sure sure he’s the type of player we need even if Madrid were prepared to sell. We’ve got plenty of central midfield ball-players (Wilshere, Arteta, Cazorla, Rosicky, even Chamberlain). Bringing in a powerful defensive midfielder, a striker, a goalkeeper and a utility defender is far more important in my eyes. But hey, the situation’s got so desperate, I’d take anyone right now!
I’ve heard Heskey could be available?
Would you take Modric at Arsenal? Or do we have enough of his type already?