- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Report: Arsenal Set To Trigger £22m Fellaini Release Clause
As I, like the majority of Arsenal fans, sit here scouring the internet for news of potential summer signings, I came across an interesting story that claims we’re ready to trigger Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini’s £22m release clause.
The giant Belgian was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates at the very start of the summer but we appeared to put any potential move on the back-burner as we concentrated our efforts on trying to sign a marquee striker.
However, with our pursuit of Liverpool’s Luis Suarez stalling due to a conflict over his supposed ‘clause’, it appears we’re ready to renew our interest in Fellaini.
Understandably, Everton are desperate to hang on to the 25-year-old but they can do little to stop him leaving if Arsenal submit a formal offer of £22m before the 13th August – the date that his release clause expires.
A defensive minded midfielder is vitally important this summer and Fellaini would be a superb signing. He’s powerful, talented, the right age, has plenty of Premier League experience and he’d jump at the chance to play for us. He’d also provide a physical presence at the heart of our midfield that been sorely missed in recent years, so I personally hope this reports is true.
There have also been suggestions that new Manchester United manager David Moyes is also eyeing a move for the Belgian international now he’s (finally) given up hope of signing Cesc Fabregas, so we better get a move on because I could see the player opting for a switch to Old Trafford to link up with his former boss if he gets the chance.
Would you like to see Fellaini come to the club this summer? If not, what midfielder would you like us to go for?