- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Spaniard’s Linked With Shock Move For Arsenal Forward
Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has been linked with a shock move to Valencia as they look to try and replace the Tottenham-bound Roberto Soldado, according to reports in Spain.
Our north London rivals appear on the verge of signing Soldado for a fee in the region of £25m and Valencia are now searching Europe for suitable replacements.
It seems that search has lead them to the Emirates Stadium with Valencia-based radio station Cadena Ser claiming the La Liga outfit are interested in trying to lure Giroud to Spain after just 12 months in England.
The Frenchman only joined Arsenal from Montpellier last summer and had an encouraging debut season, scoring 17 goals and providing 10 assists in 47 appearances, so it would certainly be a surprise if he was to leave this summer.
The 26-year-old is expected to see his first team place come under serious threat next season with Arsene Wenger clearly trying to sign a marquee striker this summer, and he’s likely to find himself among the substitutes more often should we be successful in bringing someone like Luis Suarez to the club before the transfer window shuts.
However, all big clubs need strength throughout the squad and Giroud is certainly a useful player to be able to call upon. His height and aerial threat would give us important variety in attack and there’s also the option of playing Suarez off Giroud or on the left wing, so I don’t think there’s any chance Arsene Wenger will agree to sell the big Frenchman any time soon.
Do you think there’s any chance Giroud would be sold this summer?