- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Wenger Wants Suarez Deal Done This Week, Fellaini Also Linked Again
Arsene Wenger wants to have Luis Suarez on board before the end of the week so he can be paraded at the Emirates Cup and he’s also considering a move for Marouane Fellaini again, according to reports today.
After seeing two bids rejected already, the latest one being for £40,000,001 which Arsenal felt was enough to activate this mysterious ‘clause’, the Mirror claim we’re set to go back in with an improved offer of £42.5m with the boss believed to be desperate to get the deal done in time for Suarez to attend next weekends Emirates Cup.
I very-much doubt that’s going to happen if our next bid is £42.5m. Liverpool are highly unlikely to accept that figure, so if the boss wants Suarez in this week, we better put in at least £45m plus add ons.
Suarez wants to leave Liverpool but Real Madrid continue to be a real threat, so we need to get this deal sealed while the Spaniard’s are concentrating their efforts on Gareth Bale.
The newspaper also links us with Marouane Fellaini again, claiming that Wenger is keen to bring in a powerful presence to his midfield this summer and is considering activating the Belgian’s £23m release clause.
I’m torn on Fellaini to be honest. He’d be an excellent addition but I’m not convinced the 25-year-old would be the ideal defensive midfielder we need. Someone like Luiz Gustavo from Bayern Munich would be a better bet but as long as we bring in a ‘proper’ defensive midfielder this summer, I’ll be happy.
Do you think we’ll sign Suarez in the end? What are your thoughts about Fellaini?