- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Fabregas To Address Future At Monday Press Conference Amid New Man Utd Bid Reports
Former Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas is due to attend a press conference on Monday where he’s expected to confirm his commitment to Barcelona, according to reports in Spain today.
Fabregas has been heavily linked with a return to the Premier League this summer after failing to establish himself at the Nou Camp since leaving Arsenal two years ago.
Manchester United has already seen two bids turned down, while Arsene Wenger confirmed last week we’d be interested in activating our buy-back clause should the midfielder make it clear he wants a move.
Reports in the media on Sunday suggested United were ready to submit a third and final offer believed to be in the region of £40m, despite Barcelona publicly stating Fabregas was not for sale at any price.
However, Spanish newspaper AS claim that the 26-year-old will attend a press conference at Barcelona’s Ciutat Esportiva training facility on Monday when all the Spanish players return to training, where he’s expected to reaffirm his commitment to the Catalans and rule out any move away from the club this summer.
Hopefully this will bring to an end the ridiculous ‘Fabregas-to-United’ talk as it was always going to be a non-starter. Credit to them for giving it a go but we all knew they had no chance of signing him.
I tend to agree with the thinking that Fabregas has used United to gauge his status in the Barca squad ahead of an important World Cup year. Many fans feel he, along with his agent, have encouraged United to come forward with offers to force Barca into publicly assuring Fabregas he’s an important part of their plans. If the Catalans failed to do so, Fabregas would know he wasn’t valued by the club and consider his future. If he wanted out of the Nou Camp, he would almost certainly come back to Arsenal, and he respects the club too much to have used us in the media the way he has to United in recent weeks.
But let’s wait for tomorrow to see if this press conference even goes ahead like the Spanish papers claim.
Did you ever think Fabregas would join United? Or was it all a ploy to a ascertain his status in the Barca squad?