- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Marca: Real Madrid Have NO Interest In Signing Luis Suarez
Some encouraging news coming out of Spain today Gooners with Marca claiming that Real Madrid have no intention of trying to sign Luis Suarez to replace Gonzalo Higuain.
One-time Arsenal target Higuain is on the verge of signing for Napoli in a £32m deal after he passed a medical on Wednesday afternoon in Italy and his departure has lead to rumours that Madrid may try to hijack our move for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.
With the Uruguayan hitman believed to favour a move to the Bernabeu and Liverpool desperate to sell abroad, interest from Madrid would be a disaster for Arsenal as we try to engineer a record-breaking deal for the 26-year-old.
However, Spanish newspaper Marca – who’re well known for being Madrid’s ‘mouth-piece’ – have claimed today that the La Liga giants have no intention of bringing in a new No.9 to replace Higuain, and will instead give youngsters Morata and Jese a chance to shine in the first team.
“We believe in them [Morata & Jese] and they deserve this opportunity. They are also very good. If Higuaín leaves, we are not going to sign a new forward” a Madrid source is quoted as saying in Marca
The report claims that Madrid won’t move for Suarez ‘even if he begs for a move’ and hints that the club would rather save its money to go after Gareth Bale.
If true, this is excellent news for Arsenal as it leaves us with a clear run at Suarez. Madrid looked to be the big competition to his signature and if they won’t be bidding and Suarez wants out of Anfield, we have a great chance of signing him this summer.
We should however remember that Marca have their own agenda and have been wrong and/or misleading several times in the past. Not least with the whole Higuain saga. So while this appears to be good news for us, let’s air on the side of caution for now.
Do you think Arsenal will end up signing Suarez? Or will we miss out?