- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
Arsenal Blow As Brazilian Midfielder Rules Out Move
There are some disappointing quotes coming from Luis Gustavo today with the midfielder claiming he wants to stay at Bayern Munich and fight for his place in the first team.
Reports last week linked Arsenal with an £8m move for the Brazilian international with Bayern understood to be ready to cash in on the 25-year-old following the signings of Thiago Alcantara and Mario Gotze.
Gustavo has just two years left to run on his current deal at the Allianz Arena and it was thought he was initially keen on a move this summer in search of regular first team football to boost his chances of securing a place in the Brazil squad ahead of next summers 2014 World Cup – which will be held in his homeland.
However, it the midfielder has insisted he wants to stay with Munich and fight for his place in Pep Guardiola’s starting eleven.
‘I want to stay at Bayern Munich,’ he said.
‘I am under contract with the club and I want to fulfill that commitment.
‘I have been in a position to fight for a first team role throughout my career. I will keep on fighting this year, too.’ Gustavo is quoted as saying by the Metro.
It’s good to hear he’s got the mental strength to want to fight for his place, but I had hoped he’d be doing it at the Emirates next season! We desperately need a defensive midfielder and Gustavo would be an excellent addition to the squad.
If Bayern are open to offers, we should definitely be registering our interest and if we could snap him up for anything like £8m, it would be a bargain. But it seems we may have to persuade the player to make the move as he appears happy to remain in Germany for the time being.
Would you like to see Gustavo come to Arsenal this summer?