- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Reports: Arsenal Table Fresh £42m Offer For Suarez, Striker Keen On Move
Some interesting reports have emerged tonight Gooners that claim Arsenal have submitted a fresh offer for Luis Suarez worth a total of £42m.
We brought you news this morning that claimed a new bid was in the pipeline and it seems it’s now come to fruition with both the Daily Mail and Goal reporting that we’ve tabled a bid worth £35m up front with a further £7m in add ons.
It’s an intriguing offer, if true, as it would fail to match the straight £40m offer that would trigger the much talked about clause in Suarez’s contract. The Uruguayan’s agent claims a £40m offer would act as a release clause whereas Liverpool insist it only means they have to inform the striker a formal bid of that amount has been submitted, so the Reds are under no obligation to do anything other than accept or reject our £35m plus add ons bid.
Our previous offers of £30m and £35 (including add ons) have been rejected out of hand by Liverpool and I wouldn’t be surprised if this latest bid is dismissed as well. It seem nothing other than a straight £40m cash offer is going to be taken seriously and even then, it might not be enough to land the 26-year-old.
The Mail claim Arsene Wenger has been given encouragement from the Suarez camp that he’s keen on a move to north London, which explains why he’s ditched his pursuit of Higuain and focussed on trying to land the former Ajax man.
Arsenal fans remain split over the whole Suarez situation. Some feel spending £40m+ on a controversial player who will bring with him a lot of excess baggage isn’t worth it and feel we should concentrate our efforts on Gonzalo Higuain. While others point to the fact Suarez is proven in the Premier League and is clearly a world class talent.
With Higuain looking set for a move to Napoli, it looks like Wenger might be hedging his bets that he can land Suarez. It’s a risky game and god help him if it fails to come off and we miss out on both.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
What do you make of this news? Do you want Suarez at Arsenal?