- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Report: Arsenal Set To Table £40m Bid For Luis Suarez
According to reports on Tuesday morning, Arsenal are set to make a record £40m bid for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.
It was reported two weeks ago that our opening £30m bid was rejected out-of-hand by the Merseysiders but now it appears we’re ready to test Liverpool’s resolve once again with an improved £40m bid.
The new offer will also test the validity of the much talked about clause in Suarez’s contract, with the players agent claiming such an offer will act as a release clause while Liverpool insist it simply means they have to inform Suarez of an official approach.
Brendan Rodgers is desperate to keep hold of his star man and the pair are understood to have held talks on Monday, but whether he’s managed to persuade the 26-year-old to remain at Anfield is unclear. However, the Mirror suggest Arsene Wenger is confident the offer of Champions League football will be enough to lure Suarez to north London.
The Uruguayan has emerged as Wenger’s No.1 target in recent weeks after a deal for Gonzalo Higuain went cold when Real Madrid upped their asking price to over £30m. The Argentinean now seems close to joining Napoli and Madrid are expected to make a real push for Suarez as soon as Higuain is off the books, and with Spain believed to be the controversial striker’s preferred destination, we’re at serious risk of missing out our three main striking targets (Suarez, Higuain, Rooney).
This is shaping up to be a key few days and if Higuain ends up moving to Napoli before we make a breakthrough for Suarez, I get the feeling this is going to all end in tears for us.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Are you concerned Arsenal could miss out on Higuain and Suarez?