Brazilian Starlet Responds To £21m Arsenal Move Reports

By on July 23, 2013

Atletico Mineiro attacker Bernard has refused to confirm or deny reports claiming he was due to have a medical in north London on Friday ahead of a £21m move to Arsenal.

Widespread reports on Monday suggested the 20-year-old was on the verge of joining Arsenal after we apparently agreed a £21m deal with Mineiro over the weekend, and he was understood to be flying over to the UK on Thursday before undergoing a medical and completing the deal on Friday.

However, speaking ahead of Wednesday nights Copa Libertadores final second leg, Bernard remained coy these reports, refusing to be drawn on them other than to say his future is in the hands of Mineiro from Thursday onwards. When asked about reports linking him with Arsenal, he said:

“I don’t want to talk about this in a week as important as this one,” he told Superesportes.

“I want to talk about the game and I don’t want to be impolite or ignore it in any way.

“I don’t know what will happen after the game. My future at Atletico Mineiro will be in the board’s hands from Thursday onwards.” He’s quoted as saying by Sky Sports News.

In what’s been a hugely frustrating transfer window so far for Arsenal fans, news of a potential big-money signing from South America certainly caused quite a stir among Gooners yesterday.  While a diminutive attacking midfielder is perhaps not the first choice on many people’s wish list, at least it looked like we were finally spending some money.

Of course Arsene Wenger dismissed the reports when he was quizzed yesterday, but he always does that so it tells us nothing. Remember, this is the man who said he knew nothing about Santi Cazorla just a week before signing him!

Check out more Arsenal Transfer News

Would you like to see Bernard come to Arsenal? Or should we be spending on other areas of the team first?



  1. ibrahimovic

    July 23, 2013 at 10:57 am

    wenger y pls sign him

  2. lameek

    July 23, 2013 at 11:51 am

    Sign him please…

  3. lanre emuze

    July 23, 2013 at 11:53 am

    A good buy,keep them coming

  4. Adebayo

    July 23, 2013 at 12:16 pm

    Wenger need to buy player 2 fill some space like striker, centre defence, centre midfield and goal keeper. If he plan 2 do it, there is assurance of liftin trouph dis season. Wenger go wenger go & comply

  5. oyewusi akeem

    July 23, 2013 at 1:38 pm

    Only God knows what wengers plans are as regards this summer I just pray he do the right thing cos we really need to sign good players. 3 defenders are set to miss the begining of the new season and yet no plans to sign defenders.May God help us o

  6. Abdullahi Alka..

    July 23, 2013 at 7:56 pm

    Pls Wngr By Us Plyr Am Tied Everyday Arsenal Clouse To Singng

  7. Ogbonna

    July 23, 2013 at 9:23 pm

    Wenger pls build a team that can win trophies now, we are tire of nurchuring nd selling them wen we needed them most 2 deliver. Pls

  8. charles olssen bezue

    July 23, 2013 at 9:30 pm

    pa wenger.time waits for no one.do de needful.buy as much as u can buy noooooooow.

  9. Destiny denniz

    July 23, 2013 at 9:45 pm

    I wuld av believ al ds strories if dis playas mention wer f franch extraction xo dat we cn help dem buld d franch national team, cus we r close 2ntin

  10. Tee jay ilorin

    July 23, 2013 at 10:59 pm

    Consider it done bcos wenger has denied the report. Fingers crossed

  11. Gab

    July 24, 2013 at 7:45 am

    Don’t believe anything until it happens, we Suraz, a good holding mildfilder who will come in the absence of our no. 8 jessy mikel

  12. Ibrahim A Koroma

    July 24, 2013 at 10:37 am

    Please Wenger go and sign him. Fans are waiting for you as we have being mocked by other fans.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>