- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Brazilian Starlet Responds To £21m Arsenal Move Reports
Atletico Mineiro attacker Bernard has refused to confirm or deny reports claiming he was due to have a medical in north London on Friday ahead of a £21m move to Arsenal.
Widespread reports on Monday suggested the 20-year-old was on the verge of joining Arsenal after we apparently agreed a £21m deal with Mineiro over the weekend, and he was understood to be flying over to the UK on Thursday before undergoing a medical and completing the deal on Friday.
However, speaking ahead of Wednesday nights Copa Libertadores final second leg, Bernard remained coy these reports, refusing to be drawn on them other than to say his future is in the hands of Mineiro from Thursday onwards. When asked about reports linking him with Arsenal, he said:
“I don’t want to talk about this in a week as important as this one,” he told Superesportes.
“I want to talk about the game and I don’t want to be impolite or ignore it in any way.
“I don’t know what will happen after the game. My future at Atletico Mineiro will be in the board’s hands from Thursday onwards.” He’s quoted as saying by Sky Sports News.
In what’s been a hugely frustrating transfer window so far for Arsenal fans, news of a potential big-money signing from South America certainly caused quite a stir among Gooners yesterday. While a diminutive attacking midfielder is perhaps not the first choice on many people’s wish list, at least it looked like we were finally spending some money.
Of course Arsene Wenger dismissed the reports when he was quizzed yesterday, but he always does that so it tells us nothing. Remember, this is the man who said he knew nothing about Santi Cazorla just a week before signing him!
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Would you like to see Bernard come to Arsenal? Or should we be spending on other areas of the team first?