- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Linked With Surprise Move For Argentinean Winger
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is weighing-up a move for £30m-rated winger Eduardo Salvio, according to reports today.
Wenger has struggled to make a breakthrough in his search for big-money signings this summer, despite being armed with a ‘warchest’ of £70m, and has so far been frustrated in his attempts to land the likes of Luis Suarez, Gonzalo Higuain and Wayne Rooney.
So it seems he’s widening his search and the Daily Star claim we’re considering making a move for highly-rated Argentinean winger Salvio. The 23-year-old currently plays for Benfica and is rated at around £30m by the Portuguese outfit after an excellent season last year.
He bagged 13 goals and 10 assists in his 53 appearances and was a key player in their march to the Europa League final.
This is the first time I’ve seen Salvio linked with a move to the Emirates so it would be something of a surprise if Wenger was to go in for him, particularly given the recent reports linking Bernard with a move to Arsenal as the two players both play in similar positions.
Of course this is merely speculation at this point and out of the two, a deal for Bernard appears a lot closer to completion with widespread reports from South America claiming he’s due to fly over for a medical on Friday so we could have ourselves a new signing this week, I just don’t see it being Salvio.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Who would you like Arsenal to sign this summer? Leave your suggestions below.