- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Spanish Reports: Barca Reject Man Utd’s Improved €35m Offer For Fabregas
According to Spanish newspaper Sport, Barcelona have rejected Manchester United’s second bid for Cesc Fabregas – which was believed to be worth €35m.
New United boss David Moyes confirmed earlier on Monday morning that United had tabled a new and improved bid for the former Arsenal skipper over the weekend. He said to reporters:
“My understanding is that Ed’s had a response and he’s spoken with them [Barcelona] and again we’ve made a second offer. But Ed’s dealing with that, rather than me personally here.
“I think a point does come but I think when you are interested in good players you want to give it every opportunity to materialise.
“And I’ll do that. I’ll hope that things can continue to try to move forward.
“At this moment in time I Can only tell you that Ed Woodward is working hard to make the deals happen and we’re hoping some of them will fall into place shortly.” He told the Telelgraph
However, it seems that improved offer has once again been knocked back with Spanish newspaper Sport claiming that Barca have rejected a €35m bid and told United that Cesc is not for sale this summer.
The paper also suggests that the sale of Thiago Alcantara to Bayern Munich makes the sale of Fabregas, or any other midfielder for that matter, ‘impossible’.
As I said earlier, United’s pursuit of Fabregas is going nowhere and there is very little chance he’ll end up at Old Trafford this summer, so quite frankly they should stop embarrassing themselves and move on to more realistic targets.
As has been said many times by myself and other Gooners, Fabregas will only leave Barcelona for one place – The Arsenal – and we have a first refusal buy-back clause so if the Catalans do decide to sell, Arsene Wenger will be straight on the phone.
If you want to know more on why I’m so confident Fabregas will NEVER join United, read this article.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Are you worried that Cesc might end up at United? Or do you think they have no chance?