- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal Linked With Move For £15m-Rated Bayern Munich Midfielder
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is ready to launch a move for Bayern Munich’s Luiz Gustavo after the German giants made it clear their ready to listen to offers for the £15m-rated defensive midfielder, according to reports.
We were linked with the Brazilian international back in January but Bayern decided to hang on to the 25-year-old and it seems Wenger has now renewed his interest after learning that the Champions League winners are ready to cash in.
Gustavo has been deemed surplus to requirements by new boss Pep Guardiola and he’ll find first team football difficult to come by following the signing of Thiago Alcantara from Barcelona. With the 2014 World Cup being held in his homeland, the player is likely to accept a move away from the Allianz Arena in search of regular playing time and it seems we’re ready to give it to him.
The Mirror newspaper claim that while Wenger’s priority remains signing a world class striker this summer, he’s also keen to bring in a defensive midfielder and is ready to make his move for Gustavo – who has two years left to run on his current contract and is likely to cost in the region of £15m.
With most of the transfer talk these days centred around us bringing in a striker, it’s good to see that Wenger might be ready to fill another gaping void in the side with the addition of a defensive midfielder and I think Gustavo would be a superb addition.
He can also play at centre back if needs be so his versatility would be useful, particularly with Thomas Vermaelen ruled out for up to three months with a back injury. Let’s make this happen Arsene!
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News