- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Report: Luis Suarez To Tell Liverpool He Wants To Join Arsenal
According to reports today, Luis Suarez is set to inform Liverpool that he wants to join Arsenal this summer.
The Uruguayan hitman has emerged as Arsene Wenger’s No.1 target after a deal for Gonzalo Higuain stalled when Real Madrid upped their asking price from £25m to £37m, and it seems Suarez is ready to try and push through a move to the Emirates.
The Mirror claim that Suarez is due to link-up with the rest of the Liverpool squad at their pre-season training camp in Melbourne this weekend, and he’s expected to personally ask Brendan Rodgers to let him join Arsenal.
The newspaper suggest that Wenger is growing increasingly confident he can lure the controversial striker away from Anfield and will table an improved offer once Suarez has made his feelings clear to Rodgers.
Our opening offer of around £35m including add ons was rejected by the Reds last week so our new bid is likely to be in the region of £40m. What a £40m bid means is still unclear with Suarez’s agent claiming it will activate a clause in the players contract that will allow him to leave, whereas Liverpool are adamant that they only have to inform him of the offer and are under no obligation to sell for that price.
The former Ajax man initially had his heart set on a move to Real Madrid but the Spaniard’s are refusing to pay above £25m, making any deal extremely unlikely unless they were to throw in some players as well in exchange.
So if Suarez is desperate for a move, Arsenal are his only viable option at present. Of course the likes of PSG, Monaco, Madrid or even Chelsea could come in with a serious offer, but as of now we look to be in pole position.
Liverpool are going to do all they can to persuade the striker to stay, or at the very least reject Arsenal, as we’re probably the last club they want to sell to if they have any aspirations of breaking into the top four.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Do you think Arsenal have a chance of signing Suarez? Would you even want him here?