- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
Report: Arsenal Urge Brazilian To Lower Demands To Seal ‘Dream’ Gunners Move
Arsenal have told Brazilian goalkeeper Julio Cesar he’ll need to take a pay cut if he wants to seal his ‘dream’ move to the Emirates this summer, according to reports today.
We’ve been strongly linked with a move for the 33-year-old since Queens Park Rangers were relegated from the Premier League last season, but as far as we know no formal offer has been submitted as yet.
A new keeper should be a priority this summer for boss Arsene Wenger with Wojciech Szczesny putting in some inconsistent displays last season, Lukasz Fabianski is never going to be our regular No.1 and Vito Mannone has joined Sunderland.
The Metro claim Cesar is Wenger’s first choice target and the Brazilian international is understood to be desperate to secure a move to the Emirates as he wants to remain in London where his family are settled.
However, the newspaper suggest any deal has stalled due to the players wage demands and we’ve told the former Inter Milan ace he’ll have to lower his expectations if he wants to finalise any move.
Cesar is currently away on holiday after being given extended leave by QPR following his excellent display’s for Brazil at the Confederations Cup last month, and Harry Redknapp has apparently told him to find a new club as they want his hefty wages off the books at Loftus Road.
Napoli were linked last week but the Italians have pulled out because of Cesar’s demands and are now looking to sign Pepe Reina on loan from Liverpool, so we appear to have a clear run at the experienced keeper and a move is in the pipeline as long as he’s willing to accept a more realistic salary.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Would you like to see Cesar come to Arsenal this summer? Do you think we need another keeper?